Sunday 2 March 2014

Ministry

This past week has been quite busy! We have started helping in different ministries in the church such as cooking club for kids, bible studies, "Mom's and Tot's", Tuesday's club, and school assemblies. Yesterday the church had their first "table sale" (rummage sale) and it went extremely well! There was some money raised and we were able to get to know people from the community. It is such a joy to get to know everyone from the church. There are several older ladies that we have gotten to know fairly well, they are absolutely hilarious!
One of my teammates, Peter, and I help with Tuesday's club. It is a club for kids, around 7-12 years old, and they play games and share a bible story or message. At the beginning of our first night I was standing, talking to someone and this girl (about 11) boldly came up to me and said "Hi!! What's your name?!". So I said "Kaela... What's your's?" "My name's Molly!!" She says and then gave me a big hug! The rest of the night she clung to me and always wanted to be on my team in the games... It was the sweetest thing and totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment