Saturday 10 May 2014

Set a Fire

     Last week we had the privilege to mosey on over to a Chatsworth House, which happens to be where "Pride and Prejudice" was filmed, for our team day. We also were able to journey to Stanage Edge- a hill that has an incredible view at the top. I literally ran up the trail with excitement running through my blood. It was so beautiful. I stood on top of those rocks, my hair blowing in the strong wind with my eyes closed thanking the Lord for all these many blessings I have in my life. Yes, this big adventure has been an extremely difficult one. Yes, I am more than ready to get out of here and go home. Yes, I miss my family, my friends, and everything else about my humble abode in Washington. But... even without all that He has still poured an abundance of grace and love on me. Standing up on those rocks I felt Alive. Thankful. Blessed. Overwhelmed with His presence. As though God was standing right next to me admiring His creation along side me.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my savior.
In the past four months I've realized how powerful prayer really is. Before coming here I hadn't been good about praying. Sure I'd talk to God all throughout the day but I never had a time that I fully devoted to talking to the Lord. Now, I have and I have never felt closer to God in my whole life. I aim to not talk to Him when I simply need something, but rather thanking Him. Praising Him for his love. His mercy. His forgiveness. The song "Set a Fire" By Jesus Culture has really been on my mind and in my heart. That is my continuous prayer. That God sets a fire in my soul every day. Every moment that I live on this earth. My heart's desire is that I burn with love for God. That I see others not through the worlds eyes, but through His eyes. Anything that is created by God is created in His image and is beautiful... So why are we so hard on other people? Why do we judge one another by the clothes someone is wearing? Or the way they look? This is something I've really been thinking and praying about. That I extend love to everyone- not just those whom I find it easy but rather the people I find it hard to love. That I don't judge others but rather see that they are created in His image. 

With four days left here in England I've had a chance to look back and reflect on everything that happened. God has changed my heart in many ways, I've been challenged, and I've grown closer to Him. I also had so many fantastic adventures along the way and I was also able to share the gospel with some people! I have also had an amazing opportunity to meet incredible people from all over the world. People who were simply acquaintances when I first arrived here now feel like brothers and sisters to me. Although my excitement to come home is overflowing, I will miss all the friends that I've been blessed with here. Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment