Monday 28 April 2014

Rewarding

     Towards the beginning of my journey here in Liverpool I remember talking to my supervisor, telling her I feel as though I'm not able to fully serve the Lord with the current ministry we were doing at that time. She reminded me of the scriptures that discuss those who plow the land, plant the seeds, and then reap the harvest. Some plow the land and may never get a chance to see the harvest. She told me that in a sense our team may be like that... we may only do the "dirty work," and the next team will be the ones to see the work that we have all put in. That was a huge reminder for me and the Lord was definitely calming me down and showing me how to be patient. 
      So... Why do I tell you all this? Well, I was able to see the "harvest" yesterday. Our team did an "OM" service at church. The topic was community and being a strong body of Christ. We had a few illustrations and a main message. I also had the opportunity to lead worship! Absolutely shaking and more than nervous I survived... actually it turned out really good! I sang and played guitar while another guy played the guitar with me. It was such an amazing experience and I totally felt the Lords presence The whole service was completely Spirit led and we had the chance to use each of our gifts and talents for God's glory! Afterwards many people complemented each one of us saying what an amazing service it was and how well we all work together. 
     Later that night we took the youth in the church- 4 young ladies -to an evening church service at Frontline. The service was much different than Christ Church (the church we serve in)... It is not nearly as traditional as the girls are used to. They all really enjoyed it and worshiping together was amazing. I had the chance to talk to one of the girls about giving everything to God. She explained how that has been hard for her to grasp... "If I give everything to God it seems like I wouldn't be myself." She explained. I was able to then share my story of coming here and how incredibly difficult it was. I then told her "I understand how you feel, but it is more than rewarding when you do give everything to the Lord because then He can use you in ways you never thought possible." With tears in her eyes and avoiding my own she asked "But what am I supposed to do on Friday's when you guys leave? We won't have our youth group any more." I told her she could skype me any time and I'll always be there for her. I then asked if I can pray for her. Her response was short and cold. "No. Then I'll cry." Talking her into it I prayed for her. Honestly, I do not even remember what I said... It was absolutely the Holy Spirit. By the time I said Amen she was completely crying. I hugged her for a while and tried to encourage her. Later that night she messaged me saying how inspiring and uplifting I was and what a blessing I have been to her in the past 4 months. This encouraged me more than she will ever know.
     Laying in bed last night I then thought of what my supervisor explained to me. Thanking the Lord, I realized that I have been able to see the reward of our service here at Christ Church. Both with seeing how much they will miss us all and hearing how much we have encouraged everyone. It's an incredible feeling when God show's us things in His own timing- even when we get impatient!

No comments:

Post a Comment